Montréal, September 29, 2017 – The implementation of FRQnet, the new joint integrated award and grant management system of the three Fonds de recherche du Québec, has been ongoing since the launch on July 20.
The FRQnet team is working tirelessly to correct bugs as they arise. Once again, we would like to thank all the members of the scientific community for their patience and invaluable collaboration in enhancing this new management tool. We encourage you to continue to bring any system issues to our attention.
All the resources available to support community members as they take ownership of the new tool, including the video tutorials and contact information, are listed at the end of this message. The FRQnet implementation team has been mobilized to respond to your questions and requests as quickly as possible.
To meet the needs of international applicants, certain video tutorials will soon be translated into English.
Creating a user account
Note that users who change their e-mail address should not create a new account. Indeed, a range of information is linked to the user account, including past applications, funding details and the Canadian Common CV. When a user changes e-mail address, he/she should simply log in to his/her e-portfolio using the old e-mail address and then change the address in the profile. In this way, none of the data associated with the account will be lost.
Here are a few details on the advancement of the initiative and some of the measures taken in recent weeks.
Since the last message, the forms for approximately ten programs of all three Fonds were made available online, including, most recently, the forms of the FRQS career grants: research scholars, clinical research scholars, emeritus research scholars. Note that for these FRQS programs, the competition deadline was extended to October 19.
The FRQ will make more funding application e-forms available as soon as possible. When the documents are accessible, the FRQ will notify the research offices so that they may inform the members of their respective communities.
Note that for competitions in which a letter or notice of intent is mandatory, the application form will only be made available to the individuals who submitted a letter or notice of intent.
In addition to the information on CCV provided in our previous release (September 6), we would like to remind you that it is very important that applicants who submit a Canadian Common CV (CCV) ensure that their CV was saved to their e-portfolio after submitting it and that the attachment on their detailed contributions was also saved.
Most of the training awards have been paid out to the awardees. The summer payments for the research grants will begin to be made in the next few days and should be completed by mid October.
The FRQ will soon invite financial department managers in institutions to an information sessions on the ways in which FRQnet will impact financial reporting.
Institutions portal and other questions on FRQnet
The FRQ have invited the heads of the research offices to an exchange meeting on October 18, 2017, to explore topics that were not discussed at the first meeting in June and address any concerns that may have arisen in recent weeks with regard to FRQnet among members of the scientific community. A detailed invitation, including the meeting time, has been sent to those concerned.
- Important tip: Get started on your application for funding as early as possible to become familiar with the new interface and meet the competition deadlines.
- Given the extent of the changes to the Common General Rules and programs and the new FRQnet system, all users should acquaint themselves with the new elements before filing an application for funding (award or grant) so as to avoid misunderstandings and errors when filling in the forms.
- Once an application has been submitted to the Fonds by a student (training award), researcher (grant) or institution (career award, grant that requires institutional approval), it cannot be modified.
- Co-investigators must now provide their consent to be considered as stakeholders in a funding application.
- There are now fewer research statuses. Also, their definitions were harmonized for the three Fonds. Go to the Definitions section of the Common General Rules (pages 5 and following) and make sure that your status is eligible under the program rules.
- In the Common General Rules, the FRQ stipulate that only institutions recognized by the FRQ may manage FRQ funding. Consult the list of recognized institutions (Nature et technologies | Santé | Société et culture website).
For technical questions on the Fonds de recherche e-portfolio:
For general technical questions (e.g. log in, password, etc.): email@example.com
For program questions, contact the program manager of the Fonds that oversees the program. The contact information is available on the Web sites of the Fonds.
For general comments on FRQnet, suggestions for improvements or the development of new video tutorials: infoFRQnet@frq.gouv.qc.ca
The FRQ encourage you to share this release with your colleagues and visit the FAQ page on the Web sites of the Fonds.
The complete list of video tutorials is also available on the FRQnet pages on the Web site of the FRQ (Nature et technologies | Santé | Société et culture).